Our Summer Football competition starts on Tuesday 2nd November.
The NSW Government requires Wakehurst FC to have a COVID-19 Safety Plan to allow us to run the competition at Lionel Watts Reserve (LW).
We have a new COVID-19 Safety Plan that has been submitted to the NSW Government, the Northern Beaches Council and the MWFA. It can be found on our website and at the LW Canteen.
Some of the main elements of the Wakehurst FC COVD-19 Safety plan are as follows:-
- We need everyone to comply with the current NSW Public Health Orders
- We must take reasonable steps to ensure ALL people aged 16 and over at LW are fully vaccinated or have a medical exemption. Players who have not provided a vaccination certificate cannot play
- When you arrive at Lionel Watts everyone, aged 16 and over, must check-in using the Service NSW App. There are six sign boards around LW with our QR check-in code
- We need everyone to maintain physical distancing of at least 1.5 metres
- We need everyone to maintain good personal hygiene including hand washing and sanitising
- We need everyone to come to LW dressed, ready to play. The change rooms will not be open
- If you have had any COVID-19 symptoms in the last 14 days then do not come to LW. Please stay at home and get tested. Check the NSW Government website for a full list of symptoms
- We need everyone to arrive at LW just before your game and to leave LW promptly after your game
We expect that the Northern Beaches Council and the Police will make checks at LW to ensure that we are compliant.
If we are not compliant we risk having our entire competition cancelled.
I know I can count on everyone to comply with these requirements which will help ensure we have safe environment at LW and that our competition will run for the full season to March 2022.
President Wakehurst FC