Information for Coaches
All coaches and managers must Register AND Pay Registration Fees Online. There is no cost or fee to register as a Coach or Manager (Volunteer), it is free. Please carefully read the details below together with the registration instructions before registering on-line. Getting your registration correct the first time eliminates the need for our volunteer committee members to spend a lot of time fixing errors.
- The Football Federation Australia ‘Play Football’ national registration system will be used again for the 2021 season.
- Each coach & manager need their own FFA Number.
- New coaches & managers will need to create an FFA Account to obtain a FFA Number.
- All coaches and managers must have a valid Working With Children Check (WWCC) before you register online as you MUST enter your WWCC number as part of your registration. To apply for a WWCC, click here. Please note if you are not related to any member of the team you will require the paid WWCC.
WFC Coaches are expected to coach the players in the team under their care to obtain the best results possible given their own ability, the ability of players in the team and the strength of the competition, whilst meeting the requirements for fairness to and for enjoyment of all players in the team.
The Role of a Coach
- Equal amount of coaching.
- To instruct the team in the skills, principle and rules of the game and to encourage good sportmanship.
- To make weekly team selections (based on replacement rules) ensuring that each player is given a fair and equitable selection and rotation during the season.
- Be aware of player medical conditions.
- Managers and Coaches should understand the conditions that govern the correct use of team substitutes and borrowed players. Full details are available in the Coaches and Managers manual.
- Ensure equipment is properly maintained.
- Encourage players to drink adequate water before and during play.
- To apply appropriate discipline to players in the team during a game.
- Complete coaches report at the end of the season.
- Remind players & parents of their obligations under the Code of Conduct.
- Encourage supporters to barrack for Wakehurst teams, but only in a positive, sportsman-like manner.
- Absolutely no abuse of any referees or assistant referees.
- Under no circumstances should direct contact be made with the Referees or members of the MWFA Management Committee.
- It is strongly emphasized that no unofficial arrangements should be entered into between opposing teams.
For further information, please refer to the Coaches and Managers manual.